How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 103380
Experience:  I have been a lawyer since 1985 and have been a professional on this site for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now

Hello I am a 73 yr old mother

This answer was rated:

Hello I am a 73 yr old mother of a Canadian son, & wish to immigrate if I lose my 78 yr old partner here in the future
I have no health problems as yet & take no meds.
I have 270.000 gbp, & would want to buy my own home.
Will it really take me 41 months for my son to sponsor my immigration?
Do i need to plan ahead now?
Are you asking about immigrating to Canada?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I am asking about the quickest way for me to do this at a possible future date if I am left a widow.

While things may improve for now there is no quick way to immigrate. That is why you can now get what is called a Supervisa which will allow you to visit for up to 10 years.

Here is a link to the information you will need:
Legal Ease and other Canada Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.


Does this mean I can stay continuously in Canada as a visitor for 10 yrs?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can you please tell me how long it would take to get a supavisa?

Just a couple of months.

Yes you could remain that long continuously or leave and come back as you can get a multiple entry supervisa.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

this is great news thank you.

How much would the supavisa cost, & do you have any reason to think it may be a temporary measure to be withdrawn later?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do you need a canadian sponsor(relative) for this ? & where do you apply?

Would I be able to buy a property on this visa?

Yes it is for parents and grandparents only.

You can buy property in Canada.
Sorry. I didn't see you had other posts.

The site I provided says where to send the documents and explains about the fees.

I don't see them taking this back at any point but it's the government and they can do what they like really.

They are trying to help Canadians who want to sponsor their parents. So the idea is this is being done as a way of trying to fix the issue with the very long delays. Soon your son should be able to sponsor you easily and quite quickly.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.


I was satisfied with the answers & gave you a bonus. However I have been charged the subscription twice £56.00. I don`t understand.