How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 103884
Experience:  I have been a lawyer since 1985 and have been a professional on this site for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now

Is there a form to provide proof of identity to a Realtor

This answer was rated:

Is there a form to provide proof of identity to a Realtor (estate agent in Canada)?
I have typed a sheet giving name address,DoB, Passport info & Driving Licence info, Birth, Marriage & Divorce Certificates plis change of name- I have copied the said certs to send.

What province is the agent in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There is no specific form that you must use unless the realtor has a form they want to use.

The law is that they all real estate agents must identify all clients and keep this personal information in a file in their office for 5 years.

They need your birth date and occupation. They need to use government issued ID. They don't have to keep copies of the ID but can just record the information from it.

Does that help?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is fine thank you

You are very welcome.

If we are done please rate me before you leave the site so that I can receive credit for my work.

Thanks and take good care.

Legal Ease and other Canada Law Specialists are ready to help you