How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 103385
Experience:  I have been a lawyer since 1985 and have been a professional on this site for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now

Immigration Law- Canada - Live in Caregiver I am currently

This answer was rated:

Immigration Law- Canada - Live in Caregiver
I am currently in the process of looking for work as a live in caregiver in Calgary. I have been chatting with a few families and had a few skype interviews. There is one family who is interested in offering me a contract of employment and i will be visiting them when i am in Calgary on vacation in August.
I am looking for guidance and clarification on the process.
From looking at the requirements on the CIC website, the following requirement is where i need clarity
At least six months’ training or at least one year of full-time paid work experience as a caregiver or in a related field or occupation (including six months with one employer) in the past three years
- I found the below on the internet from a Canadian nanny nanny agency but it is quite vague
You must have successfully completed the equivalent of Canadian High School education. You must have six months of full-time training or 12 months of experience in a field or occupation related to the job that is being offered. For example, your experience must be in early childhood education, geriatric care, pediatric nursing or first aid.
I worked for a childcare agency full time from 2008 - 2014 my employment ended September 2014 where i went part time. Does working for a childcare agency meet the criteria? The work i completed was a mixture of nannying and caring for children in a nursery/kindergarten environment. I worked roughly 40 hours per week, on top of this i also had a part time nanny job with a family in 2014.
The family is in the process of getting LMIA and if successful i will be given a working contract and will start the process. I don't want to waste the families time if childcare work through an agency is not accepted by the immigration office.
I have provided the family with 3 childcare references one of them coming from the childcare agency I worked with.
any advice would be greatly appreciated.


That sounds like you will be you considered to be well-qualified and will meet the requirement of Canada immigration.

So long as you can prove your credentials there should not be any issue.

Does that answer your question fully? If not, please do not hesitate to post back and asked me follow up questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are references from the agency enough to prove my credentials or would they also be looking for qualifications in childcare. I have worked with children since i was a teenager and my expertise has come from hands on experience.Overall I worked for the childcare agency for 8 years and i still assist on a part time basis, I did 6 years full time.

They need proof of employment so the references have to show how long you worked for each employer.

Legal Ease and other Canada Law Specialists are ready to help you