How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 103460
Experience:  I have been a lawyer since 1985 and have been a professional on this site for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now

How can i make a request on expediting my application of

Customer Question

Hi, how can i make a request on expediting my application of travel document.. I am afraid that it may not release before my departure date on October
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

Are you a permanent resident and your card has expired?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am already a permanent resident.. but due to the condition of the RIB i have to use a travel document instead of my philippine passport..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is not my resident card that expired,, it is my travel document (like a passport)
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

I understand. I realized after I sent this that I answered you before on your other post.

The processing time is usually 20 working days.

But if you want to get the document urgently then you can attend at the passport office in Gatineau Quebec and then you can get the document by the end of the next business day or within 9 days depending on the facts.

But as you have a lot of time you should just apply now as the won't grant the document urgently at this early date.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

I just saw your other post.

I know it is not your passport but the travel documents are issued as the passport office in Gatineau.

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?