How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 109191
Experience:  I have been a lawyer since 1985 and have been a professional on this site for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now

My son and partner are planning applying to emigrate to

Customer Question

hi my son and partner are planning applying to emigrate to canada - but my son who is now 37 has some past criminal records - but has not been in any trouble for the past 10 years as most of his offences was when he was must younger - will he still be accepted in an application to emigrate to Canada?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
as I have not got an answer yet I would like to add that the offences consisted of burglary (once) and motor offences, breaching a discharge order when young offender - how long does cananda take offences into consideration as I say it has been ten years since offence - I would appreciate an answer soon as want to get on with emigration application thanks
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 years ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 years ago.

Your son is not currently admissible to Canada. He will need to undergo what Canada immigration calls rehabilitation through them before he can submit his application.

Here is a link to the information that you will need about this process:

Unfortunately, the process is complex and if possible it would be by far better for him to retain an immigration lawyer in Canada. As well, this process will take over a year.

I hope that helps as a starting point.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 2 years ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?