Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I have been a lawyer since 1985 and have been a professional on this site for 5 years.
10263656

I live in the US and was on a ski trip to Canada. The skis

I live in the US and was on a ski trip to Canada. The skis that I rented from the resort malfunctioned and did not break off when I fell forward result in a fracture to my leg. I am now getting ready to go in for a second surgery due to this. I really feel that if anything, the resort should be responsible for my medical bills. I spoke with an attorney here in Michigan and was told I needed to speak to an attorney in Canada I would appreciated any assistance you can give me. If it was my own faulty equipment, I would understand being responsible, but I feel they should be responsible since it was their equipment and they were being paid for me to rent the equipment.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this. Yes, you are correct. If you were harmed because of their faulty equipment then they are liable for any harm you incur. This would include out of pocket expenses but also include damages for pain and suffering. They will have insurance to cover this and so they you may get an offer that you can live with without suing them.

Your best next step is to retain a personal injury lawyer in the city where the resort is.

Does that help as a starting point?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.