How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 109729
Experience:  I have been a lawyer since 1985 and have been a professional on this site for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now

A developer after closing down LTD company has left a small

This answer was rated:

A developer after closing down LTD company has left a small parcel of non development land that I wish to purchase.It is next to our land in a Resort Village. Developer told me before his passing that the Village would have to seize the land for non payment of taxes. They then could change the title and then it would go up for sale via bidding. Is there any way I could purchase this land from the developers surviving family. Wife? Or by any other means.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.


You could contact the wife and find out who the executor of the estate is. You would be buying the property from the estate.

If you don't know who the wife is you can do a search at the courthouse to see a copy of the Will and then you will know who the executor is.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The wife lives 3 houses away. I will ask her and let you know.


Did you get any response yet?

Either way can you please rate my service now? The site is withholding my pay until they see a positive rating but of course the post won't lock and you can still come back with any follow-up questions and I will happily answer them.

Thanks and enjoy your weekend.

Legal Ease and other Canada Law Specialists are ready to help you