How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 109199
Experience:  I have been a lawyer since 1985 and have been a professional on this site for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now

When i was divorce thirty years ago my ex wife received half

This answer was rated:

when i was divorce thirty years ago my ex wife received half of my cpp she has passed away were do this half of my cpp go

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry for your loss.

Do you mean she applied for a credit split years ago?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do. She essentially became the owner of half of the credits that you earned during your marriage just as you became the owner of half of hers.

You cannot get the credits back.

I am sorry this is not what you were hoping to hear.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
she did not have a CPP

It makes no difference. The credits are said to have been hers as CPP credits are really considered to be assets. So she got half. If she got have the money when she died you would not get it back. It is similar unfortunately.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?

Legal Ease and other Canada Law Specialists are ready to help you