Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I have been a lawyer since 1985 and have been a professional on this site for 5 years.
10263656

When i was divorce thirty years ago my ex wife received half

when i was divorce thirty years ago my ex wife received half of my cpp she has passed away were do this half of my cpp go

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry for your loss.

Do you mean she applied for a credit split years ago?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do. She essentially became the owner of half of the credits that you earned during your marriage just as you became the owner of half of hers.

You cannot get the credits back.

I am sorry this is not what you were hoping to hear.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
she did not have a CPP

It makes no difference. The credits are said to have been hers as CPP credits are really considered to be assets. So she got half. If she got have the money when she died you would not get it back. It is similar unfortunately.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?