How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 118430
Experience:  I have been a lawyer since 1985 and have been a professional on this site for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now

I currently have a work visa for Canada. If I want to enter

Customer Question

I currently have a work visa for Canada. If I want to enter Canada again as a Business Visitor for 3 months, but only have the work visa for 6 weeks, how does this work at POE?
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 4 months ago.

Isn't that work permit for one specific employer as it is closed, correct?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My current visa is a working holiday visa, so not limited to one employer, however as a business visitor that's specific to the UK company I'd be going to Canada for
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 4 months ago.

At the Point of Entry you would explain that you are not entered to work for the employer you were working for originally. Rather now you are working for an employer in the UK where you will be paid. You are not entering our workforce.

You should have proof of this. The employer in the UK should set out what you are doing for them in Canada and for how long.

Does that help?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 4 months ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?