T_Graham12
T_Graham12,
28732269

Under Canadian law are my Visa purchases covered if they are

Customer Question

Under Canadian law are my Visa purchases covered if they are faulty. For example: I purchased a holiday - the airline did not put my baggage on the plane and I did not receive it for 15 days. Am I covered for any form of compensation?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I have both Canadian and UK citizenship. I currently reside in UK. Yes I have sent a claim to the airline however it has been 5 weeks and I am not getting a response to my emails. I have not filed any papers with the UK government or any other business
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: You are my first port of call
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the amount of the claim is approximately £3,700 - what would your charges be?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 15 days ago.

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 15 days ago.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Are you asking if a Canadian visa card would provide you a refund of the trip cost because this happened to you?