Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I have been a lawyer since 1985 and have been a professional on this site for 5 years.
10263656

I have a question about employment. Assistant: Was this

Hello. I have a question about employment.
Assistant: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: Not yet
Assistant: Does the workplace operate with employees, freelancers, consultants, contractors or with unionised employees?
Customer: Yes
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm being made redundant while on maternity leave. However, I have applied for a new job and have an interview next week.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

What is your specific legal question please?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
At the job interview do I have to specify that I'm being made redundant if I'm asked why I want to leave my current job?

You can say that they no longer needed your services but that it has nothing to do with your abilities at all but part of a reorganization or something like that. But that is truthful. You are not being dismissed for just cause.

Does that make sense?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.