How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 124845
Experience:  I have been a lawyer since 1985 and have been a professional on this site for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now

Immigration to Canada from uk via spousal sponsorship. no.

This answer was rated:

immigration to Canada from uk via spousal sponsorship.
JA: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the UK government?
Customer: no. I am Canad***** *****ving in uk but want to move back to Canada with my husband and 2 children who all hold Swedish passports. Children were born in the uk.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: no. if I use an immigration lawyer does that speed up the process?
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: . if I use an immigration lawyer does that speed up the process?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We have two options. Standard Spousal and dependant sponsorships or Spouse and children that carry Swedish passports or there is apparently something for "Self employed" or financially independent which we would qualify most likely based on net worth / investment and trading skills. Which ever way is faster we'd like to do. But by faster we mean somehow navigating the system better or accelerating processing time. The lengthy application we could get done this weekend, so that's not what we mean by speeding up, nor accuracy as I am confident we could do it error free, but of course we've never done it before.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

When your children were born were you a Canadian citizen?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Wife Canadian citizen since birth. I have been Swedish citizen since birth and when the kids were born in England they acquired Swedish citizenship by virtue of having a Swedish father - that the rule there. We never lived in Sweden with the kids though.

Then the kids are also Canadian Citizens and you just need proof of citizenship for them.

Here is a link to the information you will need about that:

Then you would get them passports.

Your spouse can sponsor you for PR status.

That would be the most simple and straightforward.

You don't need a lawyer but if you can easily afford one definitely retain one. It will not really speed up the process but it will make the process go more smoothly and if there is a problem then the lawyer will best be able to deal with it.

You cannot retain an immigration consultant. You need a lawyer licenced in Canada.

Does that help?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Great response thanks! Sorry, one final question before I get an immigration layer on the case. So for Canadian Citizenship for the kids do we simply have to go to the Canadian Embassy and London and register for Dual citizenship, as i’d like them to keep Sweden and Add Canada.For me is seems then I could apply for Express entry and potentially PNP program vis Prince Edward Island (subject to rules) although I won’t have a Job before arriving and may not choose to work.

The surest route for you is to do the spousal sponsorship.

You would need a job offer to do well for the express entry. But you can check the online assessment tool to check:

Canada doesn't require renouncing other citizenship. They are already citizens and just need proof.

Legal Ease and other Canada Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Fantastic service and intelligent thought process. Direct, concise and simple guidance. Excellent value for money!!

That's very sweet. Thanks very much.