Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I have been a lawyer since 1985 and have been a professional on this site for 5 years.
10263656

Actually im interested to go canada with work permit im in

Customer Question

actually im interested to go canada with work permit im in uk as a student
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: im indian and im international student in uk
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: no just texing u first
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: just canada work permit from uk
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
ok
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 17 days ago.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

You will need a job offer first.

Then your potential employer has to apply to the government for what is called a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). What this entails is the government reviewing the job market to ensure that there is a shortage of Canadians or permanent residents to fill your job. You cannot take a job away from a Canadian/permanent resident. So, you have to have a skill, or work experience, in an area where Canada needs workers and there aren't enough Canadians who have that skill or work experience.

If that's the case then the government will give the employer a positive LMIA.

Then you can apply for the work permit.

You will need to prove your credentials and also need to undergo background, medical and criminal checks.

Here's the webpage that has all the information you will need including the forms and information about the fees:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/index.asp

Or you can come on a working holiday visa:

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/iec/eligibility.asp?country=gb&cat=wh&#country_category_name_cont

Does that help as a starting point?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
you do all paper formalities or we do all

I am not your lawyer. I am just giving you information online. You can retain your lawyer if you wish but you don't need to.

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 8 days ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?