Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I have been a lawyer since 1985 and have been a professional on this site for 12 years.
10263656

If you like a custom website of some company, and you want

If you like a custom website of some company, and you want to take inspiration from it
So you decide to make a theme similar to theres using your own code,and put up your own content on it and images,is this ok?

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

What would you be copping from them specifically?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Nothing for now
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Only theme i guess,if so

I am not sure what you mean.

But the bot***** *****ne is that you cannot use someone else's creative work without their consent. They own the intellectual property rights to the work.

So even if you use their work and change it you can be sued successfully if you get caught.

Do you see what I mean?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
But air bnb has been copied many times,what about cropping is that ok?For e.g
If i like a website’s contact form,i take that,i like another websites footer i take that,and so on you see what i mean?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
For e.g i like this and im inspired by itFor e.g the positioning of the elements in the images remains the same,but in the same place i put my own images,new icons with similar functionality,the background(theme) which is white stays the same,i put a new banner on top
For sportswear i put another shoes name,the buttons design is changed?in other words i put my contentThe look and feel can be the same?please clarify my understanding

If the person or company that created the look believes you copied it they can sue you.

If what you use is very different then they won't see that you copied it essentially.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No thanks thats clear i got it