Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I have been a lawyer since 1985 and have been a professional on this site for 5 years.
10263656

I live in Scotland.A lady in Canada owes me £36000,her name

I live in Scotland.A lady in Canada owes me £36000,her name is ***** ***** up in court and said she will pay me back,yet she has told a lie according to me.I Am looking for a solicitor to take this on,and get my money back.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: I have just messaged her,to pay me back.I have had no reply.
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I live in Scotland.She lives in Canada,and has been divorced 2 times and married 3 times in Canada.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We can send the paper work,that was sent to us by Blaine Johnston from the court divorce settlement case,he is her ex-husband in British Columbia.She is Iryna Walker now,her new husband.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

The lawyers on this site cannot act for you.

I can suggest how to find a lawyer in Canada if you let me know the woman's province.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thanks,Debra.I Am awaiting your response.

I am sorry to hear this. The lawyers on this site cannot act for you.I can suggest how to find a lawyer in Canada if you let me know the woman's province. Thanks
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Vancouver,British Columbia.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
This is the province,Iryna lives in.

What you can do to find a lawyer is one of the following things.

You can contact the BC Branch of the Canadian Bar Association and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be $25.

The number is:

604.687.3221 or 1.800.663.1919.

Or you can check on a site called lexpert. This is a legal directory of leading lawyers and law firms throughout Canada and is well-respected by the legal community.

Here's the link to their website:

http://www.lexpert.ca/directory/find-lawyers-or-law-firms/

Does that help as a starting point?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Yes.Thank you very much.

You are very welcome.

Please be sure to rate me before you leave the site so that I can receive credit for my work.

Thanks and take good care.