Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I have been a lawyer since 1985 and have been a professional on this site for 12 years.
10263656

Please is the CETA work permit still in place for EU

Customer Question

Hi Please is the CETA work permit still in place for EU nationals who are seld employed professionals?
JA: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the UK government?
Customer: UK Government? No
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: ITs a service provision for a Canadian Company.... No I have not spoken to a lawyer
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I have a 12 months contract from a Canadian employee to provide Information security services. I would like to find out if I can still get a work permit through the CETA arrangement between Canada and the EU and what the application process is. Thanks
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 20 days ago.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Please continue to help search for a professional with the answer. Thanks
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 19 days ago.

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** will be working on your question today and I am looking forward to our conversation.

Please note that the experts don’t text so there may be a bit of a delay. If you don’t answer back for a while I may not be online when you do but I will never desert you and will check back often. As well, as I am working from home it is possible that I will be interrupted but I will always return back as soon as I can.

I am sorry to hear of this difficult situation.

Yes, Canada immigration has stated that it will continue to issue work permits to United Kingdom nationals under CETA until December 31, 2020.

Does that fully answer your question?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Thanks. What is the application process (I’m in the uk) and how do I proceed?
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 18 days ago.

Thank you for trusting us to help you here at JustAnswer. I am marking this post as complete. If you would like to ask me more questions please start a new post and if you do if you say “This is only for Debra” I will be sure to give your post top priority.