Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I have been a lawyer since 1985 and have been a professional on this site for 12 years.
10263656

Can a 16 year old travel to Canada in October when he has

Customer Question

Can a 16 year old travel to Canada in October when he has not been vaccinated. His father is a Canadian citizen and we were planning to stay with them
JA: What steps has the father taken? Has he filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country does the father live in? If different, what is his citizenship?
Customer: He has Canadian citizenship and they live in Ottowa.
JA: Has the father talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: Not as far as I knows
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 20 days ago.

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** will be working on your question today and I am looking forward to our conversation.

Please note that I am working from my computer and not actually texting. If you don’t answer back for a while I may not be online when you do but I will never desert you and will check back often. As well, as I am working from home it is possible that I will be interrupted but I will always return back as soon as I can.

I know your question is important to you and I will be giving it the time and attention it deserves.

I am sorry to hear of this difficult situation.

There is no way to know what the law is going to be then but right now the answer is yes. He will qualify for an exemption as he is a child of a Canadian and will have to follow the requirement for an unvaccinated visitor which will include tests and also quarantining.

You can read about that here:

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/exemptions#unvaccinated

Does that help?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Helps to a point. Don’t think we can risk it and him not getting access to Canada
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 19 days ago.

He will be able to get in as a child unless the laws change.

Thank you for trusting us to help you here at JustAnswer.   If you need more clarification or have a follow-up question just reply and we can continue our dialogue. If you would like to ask me new questions please start a new post and if you do if you say “This is only for Debra” I will be sure to give your post top priority.