Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I have been a lawyer since 1985 and have been a professional on this site for 12 years.
10263656

We are booked to fly to Canada on Tuesday but are having

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: we are booked to fly to Canada on Tuesday but are having some issues with my husbands eTA
JA: What province are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: We are in London, UK going to Vancouver BC on business
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes
JA: Is there anything else the Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: My eTA is fine but his passport expired since he received first eTA so reapplied and it seem to be in an immigration portal and not sure how to proceed
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 8 days ago.

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** will be working on your question today and I am looking forward to our conversation.

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 8 days ago.

Please note that I am working from my computer and not actually texting. If you don’t answer back for a while I may not be online when you do but I will never desert you and will check back often. As well, as I am working from home it is possible that I will be interrupted but I will always return back as soon as I can.

I know your question is important to you and I will be giving it the time and attention it deserves.

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 8 days ago.

I am sorry to hear of this difficult situation.

Have you tried speaking to the consulate in London?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi Debra, it’s been a trying (expensive) day
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Is that the best option? And who would we speak to?
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 8 days ago.

Things are always a mess with Canada immigration and much worse because of COVID of course.

I think you should try getting through to the consulate tomorrow:

https://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/index.aspx?lang=eng

You can also send in a webform but it may take a bit of time too:

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Does that help?

Please do not hesitate to ask any follow up questions related to this response and know that I will respond as soon as I can.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Did you charge us for the call?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
We are not trying to immigrate, we are visiting
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
We need someone to check what we’ve done and find out why they are acting as if we are refugees ie asking us for a medical
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Are you there?
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 8 days ago.

Yes I am here.

I am sorry for the delay. I thought we were don

I know you are trying to visit but you're having trouble getting the eTA and I'm worried that you're not going to be able to get this rectified if you don't take as many steps as possible to get through to Canada immigration one way or the other.

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 8 days ago.

Thank you for trusting us to help you here at JustAnswer.   If you need more clarification or have a follow-up question just reply and we can continue our dialogue. If you would like to ask me new questions please start a new post and if you do if you say “This is only for Debra” I will be sure to give your post top priority.

Thank you very much!

Best wishes,

Debra

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I’m travelling as a visitor from the UK and the eta process is asking me to upload a medical?
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 7 days ago.

That doesn't make sense. You will need to speak to them, unless they mean a negative covid test.