Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Lawyer
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I have dual Canadian/British citizenship living permanently

I have dual Canadian/British citizenship living permanently in UK. I have made booking for return holiday to Canada on Sept.15/22 and thought I could just get ETA but apparently I need Canadian passport, which I can't get in time. Can you help me please?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: I am originally British and have now returned to UK to be with family and would like to take one final visit (am 85) to see friends
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None! I have been trying to get information but can only get automated response. We are actually leaving Uk on Sept.15 to go to N.Y. via Queen Mary and then on to Vancouver on Sept.23 - already booked!
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have a British passport and can' think of anything else.

Have the Canadian authorities confirmed you cannot obtain the ETA?

You should be obtain the ETA. If not because you are Canadian and you cannot get a passport you cannot go. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have discovered I need a Canadian passport so, at the moment I am in the process of trying to 'rush' one through.

I understand, the Canadian embassy may be able to give you a fast track appointment. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have discovered I need a Canadian passport so, at the moment, am trying to complete all the documentation in
a rush and am hoping I receive it in time. Thank you so much for all the advice you have given me and how quickly you responded - very much appreciated.

Happy to help, take care

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The response was excellent and I was very happy with their advice.

Thank you much appreciated