TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Senior Advisor
Experience:  International tax law
14155347

I would like to move to the CANADA in the future. I am an

I would like to move to the CANADA in the future. I am an italian and a russian citizen. I would like to sell an apartment I have in Russia and invest the money in an apartment in the CANADA. Will I be subjected to taxes?
If I will be living in the CANADA, will it be obligotary to pay for medical insurance?

Hello and thank you for allowing me to assist you.

You become a resident of Canada for income tax purposes when you establish significant residential ties in Canada. You usually establish these ties on the date you arrive in Canada.

If you owned certain properties (other than taxable Canadian properties) at the time you immigrated to Canada, the CRA considers you to have sold the properties and to have immediately reacquired them at a cost equal to their fair market value (FMV) on the date you became a resident of Canada. This is a deemed disposition.

You will pay tax yes

You are most welcome.

A 5 star positive rating is appreciated. SCROLL UP TO SEE STARS

Any call offer is site generated, not from me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THANK YOU.

You are most welcome.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the tax rate on the money transfer from russia to canada just when immigrating to canada? Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please let me know

There is no tax on transferred fund Not a taxable event