JamesInch
JamesInch,
75967336

Hope you can help- I've just bought a fiat 500X 2013 with

Customer Question

Hi, hope you can help- I've just bought a fiat 500X 2013 with uconnect media, problem is:
When you turn the stereo on by ignition or independently, I only get radio2!!! And a blank screen showing only the fiat badge, all buttons surrounding do nothing! Please help
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  JamesInch replied 1 year ago.

This isnt a user error, there isnt a valet mode or function to switch of the screen if its dead all but the sound from the radio it suggests a loose DIN connection at the rear.

It is rather involved removing the head unit without damaging the dashboard, but before doing so I would be inclined to disconnect the battery terminals for 30 mins, turn the key in the ignition without the battery connected, turn the key off, then reconnect the battery and test the radio, as it may have just got itself confused, this has about a 20% chance of working but is something you can do with ease.

Let me know how you get on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I disconnect the battery? Sorry I’m a bit useless
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I’ve actually just done it, was super easy- will leave a while and then reconnect, I’ve turned the key as said. Fingers crossed
Expert:  JamesInch replied 1 year ago.

Great, let me know how you get on once you turn the key back off and reconnect the battery.

Expert:  JamesInch replied 1 year ago.

Do you require any further assistance?