stereoaz
stereoaz, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  35 years in car audio,my shop won iasca world title ,custom fabrication,expert installer.
45259138

I have been trying to upgrade my Mercedes SATNAV for live

Customer Question

I have been trying to upgrade my Mercedes SATNAV for live traffic info. I have been told by my Mercedes dealer to go on the Garmin web site. ( Garmin.com/en-gb/traffic) with my sim card in my computer. which I have done but it gives me three options of which I don't know which one to use. Options are:- 1/ Garmin Digital Traffic via DAB radio if my garmin is a LMT-D/MT-D model. 2/ Garmin live traffic via smart phone if Garmin is a LMT-S/MT-S model. 3/ Garmin traffic via FM.
Hope you can help me out
Kind Regards Micheal
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  tyroneboman replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!
The usua update method is via DVD inserted into the SATNAV. The Garmin.com/en-gb/traffic is there HD Digital Traffic.
Garmin HD Digital Traffic® delivers updates as often as every 30 seconds over the HD Radio™ system. That’s up to 10 times more often than other analog traffic receivers.Lifetime¹ HD Digital Traffic is included with select Prestige series navigators. To get HD Digital Traffic on other compatible navigators, simply add a GTM 60 traffic receiver. Check the coverage map³ for details.Live TrafficWith the Smartphone Link app, Live Traffic delivers up-to-date “live” traffic information to your navigator using your existing mobile data plan².Live Traffic is updated every 2 minutes and receives more than 1,000 messages every update cycle. This real-time information is available through a premium Smartphone Link subscription. Check the coverage map³ for details.
Garmin Traffic delivers updates to our navigators over one of the most extensive traffic avoidance systems. The Garmin Traffic system checks traffic conditions more than 2 billion times a month to help you avoid delays due to accidents, construction or rush-hour congestion.Lifetime¹ Traffic is included with select Advanced series navigators. Check the coverage map³ for details.
What is traffic avoidance?
Garmin Traffic delivers alerts about wrecks, slow downs and construction delays. It’s just like a radio traffic report, only you don’t have to wait for the radio station to air the report. Your navigator monitors traffic conditions automatically on your specific route and in your area³.How does it help you?
A navigator with traffic services can let you know about delays on your route and suggest or automatically take alternate routes to guide you around the trouble spots.Where does the traffic data come from?
Traffic alerts come from a traffic data collection system that analyzes traffic flow data collected from more than 2 billion observation points every month:data from millions of Garmin device owners
data from millions of cellular phone owners
incident reports
radio feeds of live information
news stations
historical traffic data from HERE Traffic Supply
historical traffic data from Garmin device owners
fixed traffic sensors on major roads giving extremely accurate traffic reports
Traffic data collected from more observation points, more often, helps your navigator find efficient driving routes for you.Get a Device with Lifetime Traffic
Devices with “T” in the model name include lifetime traffic. So you don't have to purchase a separate traffic receiver or traffic subscription. Just plug it in and go