CarDoc
CarDoc, Mechanic
Experience:  IMI L3 Motor Vehicle Mechanic
105313175

I have just had my car battery disconnected and need a radio

Hi I have just had my car battery disconnected and need a radio code for it to work again the car is a kia ceed reg LS59 GWD
JA: Do you have the manual for your unit? Have you tried common default passwords (e.g. 0000 or 1234)?
Customer: No it is set on 0000 at the moment
JA: Is this the original unit, or an aftermarket one?
Customer: Not sure I have just Purchested the car
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi, How are you?
I'm Shabaz, one of the automotive experts, I'm sorry you're experiencing problems with your car, I will do my best to help you today.

Have you checked the manual for the radio code?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
but there is no radio code in the manual

I will need the serial number of the head unit so, I can generate the code, you will need to remove the head unit because the serial number is ***** a label which is attached on the top cover of the unit.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK I will have to get back to you on that one

That's fine. You can message me when you have the serial number and I will generate the code for you.

Thank you for visiting Just Answer.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

My pleasure.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The problem wasn't yours iit was mine I didn't want to tackle the nightmare of getting the radio out of the fasher in case I damaged it

This youtube VIDEO shows how to remove the radio. It not really a difficult job, you just need plastic tools rather than a metal screwdriver.