stereoaz
stereoaz, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  35 years in car audio,my shop won iasca world title ,custom fabrication,expert installer.
45259138

I have just purchased a Pioneer 230DAB unit. The steering

Customer Question

I have just purchased a Pioneer 230DAB unit. The steering wheel controls don't function correctly with the correct SW control adapter purchased. I think all it would need is access to the Steering wheels controls settings but I cannot locate this page on the settings menu. Can you tell me how to do this. The YouTube videos I have watched make it look straightforward but they seem to be for Australian models and the option does not appear. Please can you help me.
JA: Just to clarify, what device or product are you trying to access?
Customer: Pioneer SPH-DA230DAB fitted in Peugeot Boxer (2009). SW Control adapter (CTSPG010.2)
JA: How long have you had your CTSPG010.2?
Customer: 24 hours
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: Cables connected. The steering wheel controls to change station etc on right hand side of column work but volume controls on left hand side do not wor. The product was installed by a trained technician from Halfords UK but he couldn't get it to work. I wanted to see if I could access the steering wheel control setup screen to set up the buttons manually but I am unable to do so.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I think that should give him enough to go on.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  AlinaK-admin replied 1 year ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Alina-Moderator
Expert:  Gavin Perry replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** am here to assist you Today i take this is an aftermarket radio and you are trying to pair it with the standard column controls.

Due to time reasons i will have to opt out and let another expert take over regards Gavin.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Alina-Moderator
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Alina but I think the moment has passed and I don’t want to put you to any more trouble so please cancel my request.
Kind regards,
Mike