CarDoc
CarDoc, Mechanic
Experience:  IMI L3 Motor Vehicle Mechanic
105313175

Can you tell me the UK part number fof the removal keys for

Can you tell me the UK part number fof the removal keys for an old Kenwood KRC-954r please?
JA: How long have you had your KRC-954R?
Customer: since 2001 in a BMW I bought still going strong but the tapes slip , need a clean up inside
JA: What have you tried so far with your Kenwood product?
Customer: Tried removal keys from UK store (Halfords) Tried PC5-106 and also PC5-107
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi, How are you?
I'm Shabaz, one of the automotive experts. I will be happy to assist you today. Hopefully we can get this resolved quickly.

You will be prompted for a phone call by the automated system, only accept this if we can't resolve the issue through messaging, otherwise we can continue our conversation on the message thread.

You need a removal key which fits the full slot, the keys which you have stated, will not work as you need a flat blade like the one listed HERE. You need to contact the seller and ask about the width of those keys and then measure the height of the slots on your radio. The part number for the radio removal tool is not available on the BMW catalogue.

I hope I have answered your question. If you have any further questions, feel free to message me by replying on this message thread.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you're satisfied with my assistance, your feedback is appreciated.

Thank you for visiting Just Answer.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Hi Shabaz, I had a feeling the Keys looked like what you have suggsted. I meassured the slot heights with a vernier and they are just over 16mm the width is probably 1mm anything less I think the metal will ,bend!
I have contacted the seller with this information.
Fingers crossed.
Thankyou sdo much for your help today.
Martyn

My pleasure and all the best Martyn. I'm glad I was able to help.

If you have any further questions, feel free to message me by replying on this thread.

Thank you for visiting Just Answer.