Phillip H
Phillip H, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  Vehicle Technician at Richmond Motor Services
108937146

I’ve recently fitted a grundig car stereo with steering

Customer Question

Hi I’ve recently fitted a grundig car stereo with steering wheel remote , the remote works when directly in front of stereo but not when mounted on steering wheel as if it’s not picking up signal , it’s right hand drive car
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: it’s grundig and brand new
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i fitted it two days ago I’ve tried different positions on steering wheel
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I was thinking it was maybe built for left hand drive car as it would be closer to stereo
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 16 days ago.

Expert:  Phillip H replied 16 days ago.

Hiya

I think judging by the reviews I've read this is perfectly normal for this unit.  Everything I have read about them states that the Remote does not work more than 6 inches away from the unit.

I would say this is quite a design flaw on the part of Grundig who should have realised that some stereos are quite a distance from the Steering Wheel!.

If you are unhappy with it I would suggest trying to contact Grundig Customer Services and see if they have a solution for your issue.

Phillip