Kevin
Kevin, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at Kemsing motor company
84635724

I have a 2017 Audi A3 Sportback. I have a problem with poor

Good Afternoon
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Good Afternoon .. I have a 2017 Audi A3 Sportback. I have a problem with poor headlights. Somebody told me that I could fit Osram Night Breaker bulbs to cure the problem. Is this true ? If so how do I know which ones to order as there seem to be several different ones. Also are they safe and are they legal. Regards ***** ***** Bott
JA: How long have you had your A3?
Customer: Since 2017 bought from new
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing. I have just asked the Audi garage and they said there is nothing you can do ..!!
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is***** am a vehicle master tech located in the UK and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation, you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer. I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Can I first ask who I have the pleasure of speaking with today, please?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Geoff Bott
Hi Geoff I hope you are well. I’m sorry to hear your having issues with your headlights and I totally understand how worrying this can be. Is it just that they aren’t bright enough?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't want to pay £16 for a phone call
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ignore call requests they are automatically offered and not from me. Can I take the vehicle identification number please and I will look up to see what type are compatible
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have sent the identification No.

thanks sorry for the delay my system did show a response I'm looking this up for you now

ok, so the Osram night breakers won't work on your headlamps because you have xenon headlights which to be honest should be very bright anyway. you can get Osram bulbs but they are expensive. The type of bulb is XENARC ORIGINAL D5S and you will need two but I would get them checked on a beam setter first to ensure they are set correctly because they should be very bright. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!