sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have fitted a after market android 10 radio in my 2013

Customer Question

Hi I have fitted a after market android 10 radio in my 2013 fiat ducato motorhome. It works perfectly but the only issue I have is that the dashboard light stay on when I have taken the keys out and have turned the radio off.
JA: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?
Customer: It is a after marked and everything fits perfectly
JA: What is the model of your '13 Fiat?
Customer: It's a swift belaro motorhome. And it's a fiat ducato 130
JA: Are you fixing your Swift yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It has all been fitted and working great. Except for the dash lights staying on
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No that is the only issue I have pearl
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 18 days ago.
Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, please give me a moment to evaluate your problem in detail, you can send me pictures or videos that better describe your problem, also, it is likely that I should ask some additional questions to improve my final answer. The system will offer you a premium service call which has an additional charge to the initial cost of the consultation, but it is not necessary we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
This is my new head unit
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
This is a picture of the lights staying on when the key is removed.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
This is the wiring diagram in the back of the manual
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
It must be a canbus problem because when unplug it the dashboard lights go off

Dear customer, after installation, did you perform a reset of your car's data from a diagnostic equipment?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No I didn't as I was not told to do that in the instructions
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 17 days ago.

Dear customer, everything you did seems correct, but the proper thing to do when changing a component or adding something to the vehicle is to perform this reset, so that everything is accepted without problems. The indicators on the dashboard are usually associated with error codes and these can be generated by any electrical disturbance, without the need for a real fault, so resetting them should be enough to solve the problem.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back. The experts at just answer will always be there to help you. For future enquiries you can contact me directly using @Exp-JoseSebas Kind regards, Sebastian