BrookerMechanic
BrookerMechanic,
Experience:  dasdasd
114994970

I bought a DNX4230BT.The navigation states lots of timy

Customer Question

I bought a DNX4230BT.The navigation states lots of timy 'image not found' icons. It did not come with a micro sd card. Can I fix the issue?
JA: Who makes your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: Kenwood Garmin. I don't know the year of manufacture. Sorry
JA: How long has this been going on with your Kenwood appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I only purchased it second hand. I have bought a sd card and updated the firmware,
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The sd card is formatted on my pc but I cannot access the setup on the navigation screen on the stereo. Everythin else on the stereo works fine.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  BrookerMechanic replied 13 days ago.

I am here to look into your question today, so please feel free to ask me anything required to resolve your problem! We all understand it can be annoying when your auto is not operating as expected but not to worry I will do my utmost to help get it sorted. I am just looking at the information you have provided now, so bear with me for a few moments, please.Thanks for choosing Just Answer.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you. I can send a photo image of the issue if it helps?

Hello and welcome, just looking into this issue.

Ok, so looks like there is an update for the systems software.

1. Go to http://.garmin.com/products/ken
  2. Click on update
  3. Click on your device model
  4. Follow the on-screen prompts to update the software.
I hope this information has been helpful, please let me know if you require further assistance.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I did the firmware update before but have done it again (your link doesn't work) While looking at the files I noticed 9 .ERR files in the firmware. Can you advise what I can do about this? Would this be the problem?
Expert:  BrookerMechanic replied 12 days ago.

It sounds like that could be the problem with the software update,

I would contact Garmin via an email ask them about the ERR file as they should have a fix for it.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Will try that. Thank you.

You’re very welcome! It has been a pleasure to help you today, is there anything further I can assist with? Thanks for choosing Just Answer I hope you have a great day.