Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685
Car

my 53plate Smart Cars doors wont lock/open and the immobiliser

is now on and I... Show More
is now on and I can't start it as all I get when I press the keyfob buttons is the indicators flashing 9 times
Category: Car
Show Less
replied 4 years ago.
Hi,my name is mike and I will assist you with your question.
Any symptoms leading up to this issue?
Has the vehicle battery gone flat or been changed recently?
Customer reply replied 4 years ago.
Everything was ok, open and closed 2/3 times then when I parked up at home it wouldn't lock then after a few minutes it wouldn't start as the immobiliser kicked in and I can't turn it off as remote not working
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician replied 4 years ago.
Ok,try this disconnect the negative battery cable and then the positive battery cable and leave disconnected for 10 minutes and then reconnect the positive first and then the negative and retry. If this does not work this system has stored a fault and this fault will have to be cleared using a dealer or equivalent scan tool.