dansgarage1, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  I have a gnvq level 3 in light vehicle maintance and repair and also a diploma

Customer Question

I have a ROVER 75 (04MY) CONNOISSEUR SE 4 DOOR SALOON 1796cc (2004) PETROL, needing a new engine. What other engine can be fitted in the rover, I would like to fit a bmw engine , is this possible. Thank you.
The car is automatic and right hand drive
Category: Car
Expert:  dansgarage1 replied 4 years ago.

hello and thank you for your question

its not really possible to replace with a bmw engine or any engine from another manufacture

The bmw engine would be a massive amount of work complete re-wire of ecus electrics, ignition,re-weld engine mounts, sub frame mounts, the list really goes on and on

Honda make an engine that looks the same but when you start looking deep even that is very different electrics engine mounts etc. all don't fit together

the most simple solution for your car is to replace with the same engine

If I can add further information for you I am more than happy too

Many Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

That's no problem

If you need any more information please do let me know I am happy to give you more information on your rover engine replacement

Many Thanks