How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mike Kelly Your Own Question
Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Category: Car
Satisfied Customers: 5471
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
Type Your Car Question Here...
Mike Kelly is online now

i have a man 510 tga thats with loss power

Customer Question

i have a man 510 tga thats with loss power
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 4 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

Has any of the shops performed a compression test and a cylinder leak down test?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

this engine as only done 200,000 kms
yes conpression tested ok.

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 4 years ago.
The vehicle needs to have a cylinder leak down test performed which is different than a compression test. The issue that you are having is consistent with a valve,valve seat,leaking down which will result in your issue. This can happen even at low miles .