Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Mercedes C180 1999 petrol Auto.when I put on throttle to the

Mercedes C180 1999 petrol Auto.when I put on throttle to the floor to drop a gear ,the car makes a funny noise,& it seems as though it is firing on 3 cylinders, When I stop & switch off for 10 minutes it then runs normal.

Hello, welcome. My name isXXXXX will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

Are there any type of warning lights coming on?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No
From what you are describing this issue is consistent with a ignition coil electrically failing and resulting in the mis-fire that you are having.The coil needs to be ohm and voltage tested as a next step.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
THANK YOU, XXXXX XXXXX TAKE IT AN AUTO ELECTRICIAN & HAVE IT CHECKED OUT.
I WILL GIVE YOU A FEEDBACK AFTER IT'S BEEN CHECKED OUT.
THANKS AGAIN.

No problem thank you,you can respond back to this question at anytime after rating positive and I will continue to help you,otherwise the question will time out and close.