How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Matt Your Own Question
Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Category: Car
Satisfied Customers: 22744
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
Type Your Car Question Here...
Matt is online now

We have a second home for weekends and holidays. For convenience,

Customer Question

We have a second home for weekends and holidays. For convenience, we keep a car at this address in a private, but unsecured, car park which belongs to the property. Because we are not at this address full time we are having difficulty getting anyone to insure it - and the only people who will so far are charging more than twice the amount if this was our full time address. I am sure there must be a number of people in the same situation. Any ideas on what legal options we have to bring the premiums down?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 4 years ago.

I'd 1st suggest getting in touch with the specialist insurance brokers such as


if they can't help then you could consider getting the one of your holiday home neighbours put onto your insurance as a named driver and use their address as the car 's resident

if you have a good relationship with such a person of course