Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years

Kia Sorento 2006 2.5 diesel Engine dies when try to do heavy

Kia Sorento 2006 2.5 diesel Engine dies when try to do heavy acceleration after continus
minimal constant run. feels like loss of fuel

with what has happen in the past Its quite possible that the fuel pump and injectors may have been damaged so I'd suggest getting a diesel injection garage to measure the fuel pressure at the injector rail

this will show if the pump is in good condition

if it is then I'd suggest removing the injectors and have them ultrasonically cleaned and flow checked
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Had pump tested. Not working at full pressure all the time.

Recommended recon pump.

glad to help
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Do you think I should use a Bosch Dealer/specialist or can I get away with NFT . Kia Dealer wants £1500 for job inc. parts I can get a Genuine

Bosch pump for £420 inc vat then have to get it fitted.

Hello Terry

I'd go theindependent route and not use the dealer

fitting the pump isn't particularly difficult aprt form ensuring that its timed up correctly and the standards of cleanliness are up to scratch

so If you ask around 1st to see if the garage is happy with whats involved you should get a good result