Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert

I have renault scenic 2000. I had to remove the radio to obtain

I have renault scenic 2000.
I had to remove the radio to obtain the code.
On replacing the radio I have no power to it, I have checked the fuses under the dash and made sure the wires are secure in the radio but still no power to the radio.
any ideas?
Hello and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help -

Can you please tell me exactly which fuses you have checked ?

Also - have you used a 12v meter / bulb tester to check if you have power on the wires to the radio?

Also - please give me the cars' Full reg number -

Rgds, MIKE..........................................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have checked the radio fuse under the dash and another fuse which was also responsible for the clock and cigarette lighter, both are ok.

I do not have a 12 v meter tester

cars reg is W242 NBF

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

still there?

Hello again Grant -

Thank you for your reply.

Yes Im sorry - it took me time to look up your schematics - and then type out your answer / reply ---which is as follows :

OK - its a common issue to either pop a fuse when taking a radio set out -or, tugging a wire / cable and disconnecting even partially, one of the connectors.

So - double check the push / pull connectors Grant - disconnect them and check carefully inside the block connectors to see if any wire / pin has broken - or pushed / pulled back inside the connector - hence not making a connection.

Then check the same at the radio - and refit them with some "force" to ensure a good connection - then see if now works.

Fuse wise... there are two fuse for this system per your reg.

The one is Fuse no. 6 - should be a blue 15 amp
The 2nd is Fuse no. 30 - again - a blue 15 amp.

Some of these sets had a fuse too in the wiring to the back of the set - or, in the very back of the set - so check for that too.

Someone may have changed the fuses for different amps therefore colours - so dont go off that - go off the numbers...

I think you will have it sorted working through as above -

- By all means let me know how you get on / or if you need anything more at all on this.....

>> Meantime >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.
Hello again Grant -

This is MIKE who answered your question as above - Im just checking in with you to see if you need anything more at all - Please do let me know if you need anything - Or - if we are done, per the way justanswer works, I do just need you to now at this point , click on the "OK / Excellent ratings" for me please as that is how Im credited for helping you - Thank you again.

Kind Rgds to you - MIKE.