Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert

mk,1, skoda superb tdi,2006. faulty reversing bleepers

Mike :

Hello and Welcome - My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise ---

Mike :

Can you give me more info on this please... plus what you have done if anything thus far?

Mike :

Im not receiving anything back from you though the system says you are on line - sometimes this Chat glitches - I will switch us to the QA system as either you are not on line or chat is not working. You will get notification of this so please then type me a reply there -when I receive it I will get back to you asap- Kind Rgds, MIKE...................................

sorry mike, my skoda superb mk,1,tdi, when i select reverse gear im getting afairly long warning sound my hand book says it is indicating a fault in the system ,all i have done is check the fuses, the reversing light are working fine,i have nt done anything else.regards bob.

Hello again Bob -

Thank you for your reply - no worries at all.. I have switched us out of the Chat system to the QA system - it works fine here..

Ok - so yes- that is a sign of a fault - and usually / often its just one of the sensors thats failed..

Best way to test ( other than plug in diagnostics - which it may come to - but -- ) try this..

Have the ignition of - engine reverse -and then go to the sensors at the back - place your ear to each one... you should hear a rapid clicking sound - as each one pulses... indicating its working - Test each one. If you find one that isn't doing anything - thats a faulty one - though the wiring to it should be checked - then deal with as you find.

If you dont find any thats faulty - or- none of them are ticking -then its a control module fault for the system - usually meaning it will need replacing... So thats the way to work through this Bob -

If it comes to suspect module- the garage would test it with a plug in diagnostic to confirm , then go from there.. as needed..

Im very pleased to have helped / advised you - If you need anything else at all - by all means get back to me - Im always happy to help more if needed..

>> Meantime >>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.