Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years

My Volvo V50 is 4 years old and goes well. When started a light

My Volvo V50 is 4 years old and goes well. When started a light comes on the dashboard indicating low key Voltage.
I've changed the battery in the remote but the message of low voltage in remote key is permanent.
Your help please

the error message is actually related to a low signal strength from the key transmitter, so its possible that the problem is the key signal is being masked by being inside a bag or wallet?

another thing to double check is that you have the correct battery in the remote as it should be a CR2450

also your dealership can clear the message for you if the functionality is fine

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Matt, I will try your suggestions and will then let you know if it has been sorted. Until I do that I'm unable to say if I'm happy with your response.
I'll be in touch
thats fine Susan

thats how its supposed to work

good luck