Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years

I have a laguna 1.9 diesel engine suddenly got a clattering

hi i have a laguna 1.9 diesel engine suddenly got a clattering sound from the engine i took the cam cover off to notice on drivers side the first two pots were quite dry of oil. what do you think it could be.
I'd start by measuring the engine oil pressure with a gauge quickly plumbed into where the pressure switch screws into the block
as low oil pressure ( caused by a clogged filter or faulty oil pump) will produce all sorts of mechanical noises from the engine
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hi thanks for the reply where is the oil pump located? i was going to take it off and clean it anyway my wife drives the car and mostly short journeys.
hello the oil pump is inside the sump so its a case of dropping the sump pan off the engine to gain access
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you