Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297
Car

I have lost 1357 gears on my seat altea it works on246 shited

by gear stick is this... Show More
by gear stick is this common fault
Show Less
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
it is a 1.6 auto gear box
hello to lose all the the even gears like this I'd suspect either a problem with the gear selector or the B shift solenoid inside the transmission on the main valve body I'd suggest to 1st check the shifter lever switch by removing all the trim around the lever and then checking the connection and wiring to the selector switch if this looks OK then disconnect the selector siwtch and use a meter to check that the continuity of the switch in each position if this checks out then the oil will have be drained form the transmission and the sump pan removed to access the valve body