Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years

2007 mini cooper scanned, and showing fault code 2A8B oxygen

2007 mini cooper scanned, and showing fault code 2A8B oxygen sensor before cat calibration cable. what is this? Fault will clear, then re appear after hours.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Good morning, I am still waiting for an answer. You were very quick to take my money.
Hello sorry that you've had to wait this fault relates to the 1st O2 sensor in the exhaust , the one that's closest to the engine - I see that you've replaced a lambda sensor but was it this one?If not 1st try disconnecting it and inspect its wiring and connector if thats OK then replace it now if you've already done this then I'd check the fuses in the engine bay fusebox for the engine management as some of these power the O2 heaters
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Matt. Thanks for the reply. It was the first sensor I replaced, but I have to admit, I fitted an after market sensor. I will re check fitting, and check fuses which I did not know about. Many thanks . Ken