How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Matt Your Own Question
Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Category: Car
Satisfied Customers: 22919
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
Type Your Car Question Here...
Matt is online now

I have a nissan almera and got an oil leak from the radiator

This answer was rated:

i have a nissan almera and got an oil leak from the radiator at the bottom. any idea and how much would it be to fix??/


if its an automatic transmission then the oil cooler for trans is inside the main rad and can leak over time

in which case you can get oil in the water and the whole radiator must be replaced

now if its just a drip from the hose clip try tightening up the clip , possibly the hose and clip may need replacing

if its not an auto then its possibly a coolant drip ? in which case check the clip tightness and condition of the hose and again these may need replacing


do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your reply. So if the hose and clip need replacement, are they expensive to change.


not at all , a typical parts cost is about £50 including coolant and allow an hours labour if you're not doing the job yourself

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where can I buy this parts from and what are they called can you help me out please.


its called a bottom hose for the radiator and you'll need a hose clip to match it if you ask for a jubilee type clip then these are easier to use - and you can either buy the parts from a nissan dealership or from most generic car parts suppliers like Eurocar parts

Matt and 2 other Car Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Thanks for all your help.