Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years

I have a renault laguna 1800cc estate having problems with

hi i have a renault laguna 1800cc estate having problems with car wandering when driving seems when you accelerate pulls to one side take foot off goes back but unstable when driving
scary to drive over 50mph

The first thing I'd do is take the car to a place that does 4 wheel suspension alignment, most places use the back wheels as a datum and assume that they are perfectly straight and true. Often this is not the case and many modern cars are now adjustable at the rear as well as the front.

A 4 wheel alignment measures all four wheels independently and each is set -up without referring to each other.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
just been to garage for wheel alignment checked front end they say both tie rods gone
this has been in two garages plus mot in march nobody picked it up
not happy at moment
thanks for your help hope this sorts it out

Well hopefully 2 new tie rod ends and an alignment and all will be well

glad to have helped

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you