Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years

Jeep Compass 2009 If I lock car manually using key will this

Jeep Compass 2009
If I lock car manually using key will this stop my alarm going off & disturbing whole of my street at night.

it will depend on how your vehicle has been set up by the dealer. if the lights still flash once when you lock it with the key ( the default setting ) then the alarm is active

if the lights do not flash ( this is an optional setting) then the car is mechanically locked but not alarmed

as a thing to try , you can also try closing all the air vents inside the car, as I've known the alarm to be set off by air motion / wind blowing into the car. if closing the vents helps then your dealer can reduce the internal motion sensor sensitivity