Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

When I put my ignition key in my Skoda Citigo there is one

Customer Question

When I put my ignition key in my Skoda Citigo there is one loud, high beep. Not seat belt or low fuel (different, lower sound anyway). No warning light staying on. Happened for the first time today. It's a 2012 model
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a push to start switch system .

Greg

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't really understand what you mean, but I don't think so. Usually, just turn the key to start. But this "ping" sounds as soon as I put the key in, before I do anything. If I was deaf I wouldn't notice any difference whatsoever.
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a stop start system .

Greg

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I knew what you meant I could say yes or no. But I already said I don't know what you mean.
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.

Okay sorry ,when you stop at the traffic lights and press on the brakes the engine switches off and when you let go the engine switches back on .

Greg

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you kidding? It's a Skoda Citigo. I know what you mean now, and the answer is "no".
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.

LOL yes there are Citigo's with this system .

Okay good will get back to you ,let me check my data base for you .

Greg

Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.

Will the engine start ,

We have one here that has this high pitched buzz and when the engine starts it stops, because on this citigo its a problem with the stop start system.

Greg

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It stops before the engine starts. It only lasts a second or so.
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.

okay good let me investigate this issue .

Greg