Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I have a lucida estima imported in 1995. In hindsight the

I have a lucida estima imported in 1995. In hindsight the problem started quite a while ago. The power steering would become heavy for just a brief moment. Over time this progressed to the engine cutting out if I tried to move the car before it was warm. But quickly it changed to the temperature needing to be higher and higher to ensure a trouble free journey. Then it started to struggle to start. Now it won't start.We have changed the fuel filter, and it did start briefly, but stopped and has refused to start again.Can you help please?Thanks in advanceJulie
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still not heard anything.Are you working on it still?It's been a long time, way way past 30 minutes

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This may be an issue with the engine coolant temp sensor sending a false signal.If the engine coolant temp sensor is sending a false signal this will cause hard starts as well as stall outs when it is not fully warmed up yet.I would have the engine coolant temp sensor checked/tested to see if it needs replaced.If this was already checked and found o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete