Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

My husband decided to have our automatic peugeot 5008 car

my husband decided to have our automatic peugeot 5008 car keys duplicated from car solutions. The programmer tried re program our car to get car keys duplicated after sometime the engine wont start. Now the car was brought to their garage to be fix
I really need help as we just paid large chunk of money for our car service 2 days ago from peugeot centre as the aircon wont work and the dash board says engine needs repair. It was perfectly fine though it cost us £2,330 and now this happens, getting fed up already. Hope somebody can advice
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello just to follow up for the above query. Our peugeot 5008 is not working after we ask a service for car keys to be duplicated.
The car has just recently serviced about 2 days ago in peugeot service and have paid £2330 so everything is working perfectly fine.my husband then decide for the keys to be duplicated cause we only have 1 key.
The car was seen by one of the employee in car solution have it reprogrammed but the engine will not start at all after that.
They have towed our car to bring to their garage but we still dont know what is wrong with it.
Any idea or advice on how we go about this

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

They will need to re check programming for the keys to make sure it is all o.k.If this is done and found to be o.k. then they need to check the fault codes in all computers to see what codes are set and if any codes are set those codes need diagnosed to then locate and repair this issue here.This may be the control unit that stores the key codes at fault needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Peter thank you for the response, so after 2 days in the car key solution garage they fix the car and able to produce spare key. Me and my husband have just collected the car yesterday.
However the car has a problem. The engine will just suddenly switch off for no reason at all. We notice that it happen most of the tine when my husband use brake to suddenly stop.
It was quite scary as we are on the intersection overground when the engine jus totally switch off. It happened on our way home thrice.
Now we dont know if its the car key solution's fault or the peugeot center have missed something when they fix the car.
My husband said it happened to him once, the day after our car was released from peugeot centre When he stop in traffic and suddenly the engine switch off.
Obviously he did not manage to observe it further as the next day the car have the keys duplicated but in the processed the engine did not restart at all causing the car to be recovered and brought in to the car solution key garage.
Please advise

Most likely the engine shutting off suddenly is a different issue then the keys.This can be due to a component like the crank position sensor which was common on allot of models or an issue with a component like the electronic ignition switch itself.

What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out and the vehicle tested and diagnosed further by a repair facility to see if one of these is the cause needing replaced or if another component is at fault needing replaced to resolve this issue here.But these two components can be common in several cases for a fault like this here.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete