Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

Mistakenly put approx 1 litre petrol in diesel!Then topped

mistakenly put approx 1 litre petrol in diesel!Then topped up with correct fuel.Tank already 3/4 full before mistake.What is best solution please

Hi..there..

Yeah you shouldnt have any adverse effects. indeed you have now diluted it extensively ontop of the 1 litre of petrol.. I would suggest that when you have used a quarter of a tank , top it up again,and then again on the next quarter and then down to the near empty and then refill..the ratio of diesel over the petrol shouldnt cause issue albeit it would be worth at least during every top up to add a diesel injector cleaner/additive..and you should be fine...

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
many thanks

No problem..glad to help.. If you could leave a rating for me it would be much appreciated..thank you