Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I have just bought a 2.2 diesel estate X type. None of the

I have just bought a 2.2 diesel estate X type. None of the factory fitted parking sensors work. The 3 second beep comes on then the red flashing light but none work. Also, when I put the key in the ignition and turn on the glass part of the tail gate opens and I have to get out and close it. Can you help?

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing that needs to be done is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a fully compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your vehicles data port to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set then need diagnosed to then locate and repair the park sensor fault here.I have seen issues with internal control unit failure for the park sensor control unit itself needing replaced as well as wiring damage to the sensors can cause this issue.As for the tail gate window issue here this can be a fault with the window control switch stuck on or shorted needing replaced.

Both of these will have to be checked into and tested further first having the fault codes read out then diagnosed to then locate and repair the faults here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete