Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I have a 2005 Shogun 3.2 di-d with 105k on the clock. It has

I have a 2005 Shogun 3.2 di-d with 105k on the clock. It has developed a problem where it stalls at junctions and is difficult to re-start. The fuel filter has been changed and did not seem very dirty at all. The glo plugs are all OK, the injectors seem ok, but it is as if the fuel is draining away from the injectors.
What is the problem?

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

On some models the engine uses a crank sensor to determine crank shaft position.If this sensor is acting up to where it is not sending a signal at a stop or slow speeds this causes the stall out and no start issue you see here.I would have the fault codes checked if this has not been done already to see if any codes are set and then those codes diagnosed to then help locate and repair this issue.I would have the engine rpm data signal checked on a compatible scan tool to see if any engine rpm signal is present when cranking over the engine when it will not start.If there is no engine rpm then the crank sensor needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete